Terms & Conditions
BLUE RAVEN CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACADEMY
- Website Visitors – Like most website operators, Blue Raven, Inc. collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Blue Raven, Inc.’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Blue Raven, Inc.’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Blue Raven, Inc. may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. Blue Raven, Inc. also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://brcja.com/blog posts. Blue Raven, Inc. only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
- Gathering of Personally – Identifying Information Certain visitors to Blue Raven, Inc.’s websites choose to interact with Blue Raven, Inc. in ways that require Blue Raven, Inc. to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Blue Raven, Inc. gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at https://brcja.com/ to provide a username and email address.
- Security – The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Aggregated Statistics – Blue Raven, Inc. may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Blue Raven, Inc. may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Blue Raven, Inc. does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
- Affiliate Disclosure – This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
- E-commerce – Those who engage in transactions with Blue Raven, Inc. – by purchasing Blue Raven, Inc.’s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Blue Raven, Inc. collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Blue Raven, Inc.. Blue Raven, Inc. does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Academy terms and conditions
Waiver of liability and hold harmless agreement:
- In consideration for receiving permission to participate in the training curse to be held, I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Blue Raven, Inc. its officers, servants, agents and employees (hereinafter referred to as “releasees”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or relating to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees, or otherwise, while participating in the Training, or while in, on or upon the premises where the Training is being conducted, while in transit to or from the premises, while participating in practical exercises conducted on or off the premises, or in any place or places connected with the Training.
- I am fully aware of risks and hazards connected with being on the premises and participating in the Training, and I am fully aware that there may be risks and hazards unknown to me connected with being on the premises and participating in the Training, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in the Training, to enter upon the above named premises and engage in activities knowing that conditions may be hazardous, or may become hazardous or dangerous to me and my property. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of my being a participant in the Event, whether caused by the negligence of releasees or otherwise.
- I further hereby agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless the releasees and each of them, from any loss, liability, damage or costs they may incur due to my participation in the Training, whether caused by the negligence of any or all of the releasees, or otherwise.
- It is my express intent that this Release shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a Release, Waiver, Discharge and Covenant Not to Sue the above named releasees.
Photograph & Video Release Form:
I hereby grant permission to the rights of my image, likeness and sound of my voice as recorded on audio or video tape without payment or any other consideration. I understand that my image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of my image or recording. I also understand that this material may be used in diverse educational settings within an unrestricted geographic area.
Photographic, audio or video recordings may be used for the following purposes:
- conference presentations
- educational presentations or courses
- informational presentations
- on-line educational courses
- educational videos
By signing this release, I understand this permission signifies that photographic or video recordings of me may be electronically displayed via the Internet or in the public educational setting.
I will be consulted about the use of the photographs or video recording for any purpose other than those listed above.
There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation on where these materials may be distributed.
This release applies to photographic, audio or video recordings collected as part of the sessions listed on this document only.
By agreeing to this form, I acknowledge that I have completely read and fully understand the above release and agree to be bound thereby. I hereby release any and all claims against any person or organization utilizing this material for educational purposes.
This Non-Disclosure Agreement (this “Agreement”) by and between Blue Raven, Inc. (the “Owner”), of Po Box 320112, Alexandria, Virginia 22320, and (the “Recipient”), of
Blue Raven, Inc. “Blue Raven Criminal Justice Academy” may disclose to certain confidential and proprietary information unique and valuable to Blue Raven and its Clients. From time to time Blue Raven may disclose information pertaining to its finances, projects, ideas, concepts and any other trade secrets. Blue Raven’s number one priority is to protect the privacy of all its Client’s and Client’s personal information, data, business information and concepts.
The Owner has requested, and the Recipient agrees that the Recipient will protect the confidential material and information which may be disclosed between the Owner and the Recipient. Therefore, the parties agree as follows:
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. The term “Confidential Information” means any information or material which is proprietary to the Owner, whether or not owned or developed by the Owner, which is not generally known other than by the Owner, and which the Recipient may obtain through any direct or indirect contact with the Owner. Regardless of whether specifically identified as confidential or proprietary, Confidential Information shall include any information provided by the Owner concerning the business, technology and information of the Owner and any third party with which the Owner deals, including, without limitation, business records and plans, trade secrets, technical data, product ideas, contracts, financial information, pricing structure, discounts, computer programs and listings, source code and/or object code, copyrights and intellectual property, inventions, sales leads, strategic alliances, partners, and customer and client lists. The nature of the information and the manner of disclosure are such that a reasonable person would understand it to be confidential.
- “Confidential Information” does not include:
- matters of public knowledge that result from disclosure by the Owner.
- information rightfully received by the Recipient from a third party without a duty of confidentiality.
- information independently developed by the Recipient.
- information disclosed by operation of law.
- information disclosed by the Recipient with the prior written consent of the Owner. and any other information that both parties agree in writing is not confidential.
- PROTECTION OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. The Recipient understands and acknowledges that the Confidential Information has been developed or obtained by the Owner by the investment of significant time, effort and expense, and that the Confidential Information is a valuable, special and unique asset of the Owner which provides the Owner with a significant competitive advantage, and needs to be protected from improper disclosure. In consideration for the receipt by the Recipient of the Confidential Information, the Recipient agrees as follows:
- No Disclosure. The Recipient will hold the Confidential Information in confidence and will not disclose the Confidential Information to any person or entity without the prior written consent of the Owner.
- No Copying/Modifying. The Recipient will not copy or modify any Confidential Information without the prior written consent of the Owner.
- Unauthorized Use. The Recipient shall promptly advise the Owner if the Recipient becomes aware of any possible unauthorized disclosure or use of the Confidential Information.
- Application to Employees. The Recipient shall not disclose any Confidential Information to any employees of the Recipient, except those employees who are required to have the Confidential Information in order to perform their job duties in connection with the limited purposes of this Agreement. Each permitted employee to whom Confidential Information is disclosed shall sign a non-disclosure agreement substantially the same as this Agreement at the request of the Owner.
- UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION – INJUNCTION. If it appears that the Recipient has disclosed (or has threatened to disclose) Confidential Information in violation of this Agreement, the Owner shall be entitled to an injunction to restrain the Recipient from disclosing the Confidential Information in whole or in part. The Owner shall not be prohibited by this provision from pursuing other remedies, including a claim for losses and damages.
- NON-CIRCUMVENTION. For a period of five (5) years after the end of the term of this Agreement, the Recipient will not attempt to do business with, or otherwise solicit any business contacts found or otherwise referred by Owner to Recipient for the purpose of circumventing, the result of which shall be to prevent the Owner from realizing or recognizing a profit, fees, or otherwise, without the specific written approval of the Owner. If such circumvention shall occur the Owner shall be entitled to any commissions due pursuant to this Agreement or relating to such transaction.
- RETURN OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. Upon the written request of the Owner, the Recipient shall return to the Owner all written materials containing the Confidential Information. The Recipient shall also deliver to the Owner written statements signed by the Recipient certifying that all materials have been returned within five (5) days of receipt of the request.
- RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES. Neither party has an obligation under this Agreement to purchase any service or item from the other party, or commercially offer any products using or incorporating the Confidential Information. This Agreement does not create any agency, partnership, or joint venture.
- NO WARRANTY. The Recipient acknowledges and agrees that the Confidential Information is provided on an “AS IS” basis. The owner makes no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to the confidential information and hereby expressly disclaim any and all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the owner be liable for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages in connection with or arising out of the performance or use of any portion of the confidential information. The Owner does not represent or warrant that any product or business plans disclosed to the Recipient will be marketed or carried out as disclosed, or at all. Any actions taken by the Recipient in response to the disclosure of the Confidential Information shall be solely at the risk of the Recipient.
- LIMITED LICENSE TO USE. The Recipient shall not acquire any intellectual property rights under this Agreement except the limited right to use as set forth above. The Recipient acknowledges that, as between the Owner and the Recipient, the Confidential Information and all related copyrights and other intellectual property rights, are (and at all times will be) the property of the Owner, even if suggestions, comments, and/or ideas made by the Recipient are incorporated into the Confidential Information or related materials during the period of this Agreement.
- INDEMNITY. Each party agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the other party and its officers, directors, agents, affiliates, distributors, representatives, and employees from any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, costs and expenses resulting from the indemnifying party’s material breach of any duty, representation, or warranty under this Agreement.
- ATTORNEY’S FEES. In any legal action between the parties concerning this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.
- JURISDICTIONAND VENUE. This Agreement is to be construed pursuant to the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction and venue of any court of competent jurisdiction in The City of Alexandria Virginia, without regard to conflict of law’s provisions, for any claim arising out of this Agreement.
- TERM. The obligations of this Agreement shall survive 5 years from the Effective Date or until the Owner sends the Recipient written notice releasing the Recipient from this Agreement. After that, the Recipient must continue to protect the Confidential Information that was received during the term of this Agreement from unauthorized use or disclosure indefinitely.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding of the parties regarding confidentiality. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. This Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the State of Virginia. This Agreement shall not be assignable by either party. Neither party may delegate its duties under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the other party. The confidentiality provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect at all times in accordance with the term of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining portions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and construed so as to best effectuate the original intent and purpose of this Agreement.
- WHISTLEBLOWER PROTECTION. This Agreement is in compliance with the Defend Trade Secrets Act and provides civil or criminal immunity to any individual for the disclosure of trade secrets: (i) made in confidence to a federal, state, or local government official, or to an attorney when the disclosure is to report suspected violations of the law; or (ii) in a complaint or other document filed in a lawsuit if made under seal.
In agreeing to this release, I acknowledge and represent that:
I have read the foregoing release, understand it, and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed;
- No oral representation, statements or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made;
- I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and
I execute this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.